PDA

View Full Version : Swithing Devices Connected to the Firewire Port

Kay
April 15, 2004, 20:21:57
Hi,

I have an application using Analog video sources. I'm planning to use a converter to bring video into the firewire port, e.g., DFG/1394-1E.

I have installed the drivers for the DFG device, and it works fine. But now, when I unplug the DFG device from the Firewire port and plug a different converter device into the Firewire port, the IC Imaging software does not recognize it. Specifically, the "Grabber:getAvailableVideoCaptureDevices" comes back with an empty list. This other device used to work with the DShow library before installing the driver for the DFG device.

The question then is, how can I detect other devices that I may connect to the Firewire port if their drivers were previously installed?

Thanks,

Peter

Stefan Geissler
April 16, 2004, 08:37:37
Hello,

This is a typicall Windows problem: The driver installation is connected to the serialnumber of the device. Therefore for each new device that is connected to the computer, the driver must be installed again.

Kay
April 19, 2004, 15:47:57
Stefan,

The problem seems to only occur with your library. Simple sample programs, written in DirectShow, will work with whatever device is plugged in to the firewire port.

Thanks,

Peter

Stefan Geissler
April 19, 2004, 16:57:00
Peter,

after you have installed the driver once for each singele device, it must not installed again. I hope i understand your problem correctly.

Kay
April 21, 2004, 17:57:07
Stefan,

The "Grabber:getAvailableVideoCaptureDevices" comes back empty when I try to use your library with the Canopus ADV-300 converter. The converter is installed and it works fine with the demo app that comes with the unit.

What would make 'getAvailableVideoCaptureDevices' return an empty list?

Thanks,

Peter

Stefan Geissler
April 22, 2004, 08:37:39
Peter,

It seems, you are working with IC Imaging Control Standard. This version of IC Imaging Control can only detect The Imaging Source devices like DFG/1394-1, DxK Camera series. Therefore it comes for free with our devices. The demo applications of IC Imaging Control Standard are compiled with IC Imaging Control Professional, therefore these application can detect all WDM video capture devices.

If you want to control all WDM video capture devices with IC Imaging Control, you must purchase a IC Imaging Control Professional version.