PDA

View Full Version : Take a picture

Eric
April 13, 2004, 03:40:32
Hi,

I want to do the simplest thing but it is turning out to be SO difficult. I have 2 digital cameras attached to my laptop. I am writing a .net app that needs to take a picture and store it in a database.

Is this something that the IC Imaging control can do? I read on the site that "(IC Imaging Control) plans to support Delphi and .NET in the near future." I was able to successfully add the COM assembly to my app, but I havent taken the time to try and retrieve a picture.

Basically my quesiton is, can this be done with the IC Imaging control or shoudl I contunue looking elsewhere?

Thanks,
Eric

Stefan Geissler
April 13, 2004, 08:00:18
Hi Eric,

with IC Imaging Control you can display the live video and save an image from the live video stream to a file easily.

The IC Imaging Control ActiveX is usable with limitations in Visual Basic .NET.
The property browser of Visual Basic.NET can not display and set all properties of IC Imaging Control. This results in setting the properties in the program code.
Another limitation is, that the method GetImageData() will not work correctly. A workaround is not available at this moment.
The Visual Basic examples of IC Imaging Control can not be used in Visual Basic .NET, because Visual Basic .NET has other event handling and other language elements.
It is possible to display the live video image, save frames to harddisk and capture avi files with IC Imaging Control ActiveX using Visual Basic .NET.

If you want to use C++ .NET 2003, please send a request to support@imagingcontrol.com, so i can send the .NET DLLs to you. A trial or full version of IC Imaging Control should have been installed on your computer to make the .NET DLLs working correctly.

Eric
April 13, 2004, 13:30:12
It sounds lilke the method GetImageData() is the key part of what I am trying to do, take a picture via my .net application and save it to disk. Is this correct?

Thanks,
Eric

Stefan Geissler
April 13, 2004, 13:39:04
Hi Eric,

No. It is Grabber::snapImages and MemBuffer::save() Methods.

Also the sinktype ( bit depth of colorformat) mus be specified and just the memory for the image must be allocated.

See the DemoApp sample of IC Imaging Control.