PDA

View Full Version : Registering .ax files

Linda
April 12, 2004, 21:45:40
I am using the Windows Installer to install an application that uses IC Imaging Control. DirectX has been installed on the computer. The install script instructs the files mediasamplegrabber.ax, ovlip.ax and UYVYTrans.ax to self register. During installation, an error message occurs that says UYVYTrans.ax failed to register. The HRESULT return code is 0x8007007e (specified module could not be found). Do the .ax files need to be registered in a particular order? What other modules are required by this .ax file?

Stefan Geissler
April 13, 2004, 09:05:32
Hi Linda,

The error message “specified module could not be found “ means, that some additionally used DLLs are not installed on your computer, so the .AX file can not be registered. Please make sure, that the following DLLs are installed on your target computer, before the UYVYTrans.ax is registered:
MSVCP60.DLL
MSVCP70.DLL
MSVCR70.DLL

Linda
April 13, 2004, 15:56:32
I am using Microsoft Visual C++ version 6 and it seems that the files MSVCP70.DLL and MSVCR70.DLL are not distruibuted with this version but only with the Net version. I've checked the Microsoft web site but they don't seem to be available for downloading. Where do I get a redistributable copy of these files?

Stefan Geissler
April 13, 2004, 16:22:32
Hello,

you may find these file MSVCR70.DLL (this is only needed) in the Windows/System32 directory. It is used by the UYVYTrans.ax version 1.0.0.15.