PDA

View Full Version : strmiids.lib

Unregistered
April 7, 2004, 22:12:29
Hi,

I'm trying to follow the steps in the "First Steps" section of the "Class Library User's Guide" (version 1.4). In the "Project Settings" step, I'm instructed to add strmiids.lib as a library against which to link the application. (This step is at
http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/docs/html/class/articles/firststeps/c_settings.htm)

However, the file strmiids.lib didn't come with my distribution.

As an additional comment about this step, please note that the instructions read as follows:

'Select the "Link" tab and choose "Input" in the "Category" list box. Enter "TIS_UDSHL05.Lib strmiids.Lib" in the "Object/library modules" text box. The 3 module names are separated by a space character.'

However, there are only two library names listed, not three.

I would very much like to use the Imaging Control libraries, or at least to evaluate whether they will work for my application. Unfortunately, errors and inconsistencies like those mentioned above are costing me a lot of time.

Thank you for looking into this,
Benjamin Horowitz, Ph.D.

Stefan Geissler
April 13, 2004, 08:12:31
Benjamin,

the strmiids.lib comes with the DirectX SDK. This SDK is downloadable at Microsoft for free and must be installed to use IC Imaging Control class library. After you have installed the DirectX SDK you must completely rebuild your IC Imaging Contorl projects.