PDA

View Full Version : JVC KY-F1030 digital camera

Rod
January 20, 2004, 18:35:29
Hello,
I am trying to connect the above camera through an OHCI compliant IEEE card. The camera installs OK in Windows XP and is recognised by it's own capture software but is not listed as a device in the IC imaging control software.

I read that this camera use s a so called IIDC subset of the IEEE 1394 Protocol. Does this mean it is not going to work with ICImaging control?

Thanks for any help,
Rod

Stefan Geissler
January 21, 2004, 08:09:56
Rod,

If you own a standard version of IC Imaging Control, this camera will not recognized by IC Imaging Control.
If the driver of the camera is not a WDM driver, IC Imaging Control will not recognize the camera too. Please make sure, that you have a WDM driver for your camera.

Rod
January 21, 2004, 21:32:54
Thanks Stephan, I am Using ICImaging control Professional version 1.41.

Is there a general problem with IIDC compliant camera's or are some available with wdm drivers? Are there any camera's you can recommend that are tested with ICImaging control?

Thansk,

Rod

Stefan Geissler
January 22, 2004, 08:25:17
Hello Rod,

Not all DCam cameras (IIDC compliant) come with a WDM driver.
Well tested cameras are our own manufactured cameras.
Please refer to http://www.1394imaging.com/products/cameras/
to see a list of cameras, that can be controlled by IC Imaging Control.

Rod
January 24, 2004, 21:21:22
Thanks Stephan.

Can you tell me which of your camera's have a "C-mount" for use with microscopes?

thnx,

Rod

Johannes Vogel
January 26, 2004, 09:52:14
Hello,

All our FireWire cameras are C/CS-Mount cameras. Microscope adapters are called C-Mount adapters, but it is irrelevant whether the camera has a C-Mount or CS-Mount thread because the light coming out of the adapter is almost parallel. If you are going to use lens as well, it is very improtant to distinguish between C-Mount and CS-Mount. CS-Mount cameras work with C-Mount and CS-Mount cameras, C-Mount cameras donīt!