PDA

View Full Version : rotation of live images

odedsal
December 30, 2003, 11:22:35
Hi
I have purchased the ImageSource 1394 std version and after writing in VB some code discovered that the roll property of the ICImagingControl is N/A
I need it very soon, How do I get that property enabled?
do I need the pro version, how do i get that?
do you have some other VB code that replaces that property?
please reply soon
tx
oded

Stefan Geissler
December 30, 2003, 15:36:11
Hello,

The "Roll" property is only available, if the used video capture device supports rolling of the live video image. Non of our video capture devices (DFG/1394-1, DxK 21F03, DFG/SV1 etc) supports roll, pan and tilt.
If you want to rotate the live video, you must write your own rotation code. Visual Basic is too slow to rotate an live image, even if it is only rotated in 90 degrees steps. A C/C++ code would be faster.

odedsal
December 30, 2003, 17:37:40
Hi,
I have seen that on your site the pro version does support the roll property.
anyway I am very interested in such a source code, to be able to rotate a streaming video by a given angle.
Where can I find such a code that I can use in my application?

Oded

Stefan Geissler
January 2, 2004, 11:39:45
Hello,

The "Roll" property is not available in IC Imaging Control Pro version too, if the video capture device does not support rolling. What you saw, was an oldier version of the demo application, that did not grayed out the lables of the property controls. I was very hard to see, whether a slider was enabled or disabled with Windows XP.

A good source for source codes is http://www.codeguru.com.
But as i mentioned, Visual Basic is to slow to rotated a live video. It may has a duration of 2 till 5 seconds per frame.