PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Codecs

MikeG
December 18, 2003, 07:48:15
My application creates AVI files with the IC Imaging Control and also with the Windows API. I have two questions:

1. The length and contents of the properties of a codec are different using IC Imaging Control than they are when using the API. Can you explain how these are related?

2. In at least one case (LEAD MCMP/MJPEG Codec), the value of Codec.PropertyPageAvailable is False, while with the API there is a property page. Can you explain?

Thanks,

MikeG

Stefan Geissler
December 18, 2003, 08:47:02
Mike,

The properties of a codec are retrieved as a binary data blob by using methods of the codec or using functions like ICGetStateSize() and ICGetState(). Also some additional information like codec name and version are saved in the blob to make sure, that the saved data are useable on restore for the desired codec.

To display the property dialogs we invented the codec adapters (*.TCA) to IC Imaging Control. For the most codecs, VfW and DirectShow, a dialog should be displayed. You could post a list of your codec adapter files, so i can see, whether one is missing. I would send missing adapters to you.
If there are codecs, that have no matching adapters, then no dialog is shown and it is not possible to retrieve or restore properties.