PDA

View Full Version : Rendering Live Filter Graphs (DirectX)

Ray_A
November 6, 2003, 16:35:58
Do you have a product that can render DirectX filter graphs from live video streams in VB6? Your ICImageControl ocx seems to be dependent on local client devices.

I've been trying to utilize DirectX 9/DirectShow objects to render the filter graphs as described at MSDN:

<http://www.microsoft.com/Developer/PRODINFO/directx/dxm/help/ds/oview/Control_Filter_Graphs_VB.htm>

But it's not working with a live video filter graph - even though my simple filter graph works fine in the DirectX Graph Editor. So this is why I turned to you guys. The filter graph is a saved file with filters for device capture, compression, rendering, etc. You will probably start getting more demand for this type of control.

If anybody has clues on where I can go for an example filter graph that will work with live video in VB6 please respond.

Thanks!

PjotrvA
January 13, 2004, 19:38:36
Hi,

I've never worked with Visual Basic, but I see a possible problem. I use C++ and I need to call an other interface to implement grabbing from a capture device.
In C++ it is the ICaptureGraphBuilder2 interface. This interface allows you to connect a capture device to an other filter.

other possible sollution:
Maybe you can save you FilterGraph in GraphEdit and load it into your application?

good luck
Pjotr

Digvijay4481
November 21, 2008, 09:51:59
Hello,
i m new to this group. using directshow custom filter can i filter & average live video. Any Helpful links in this regard.

Thanks