PDA

View Full Version : Start live failed!

Unregistered
November 3, 2003, 14:38:56
I'm preparing a demo VB form with multiple video device displays. I'm under a lot of pressure to get this to work in VB.
Your triggerMDI.vbp seems to have some bugs in it. I had to uncomment at least one code block to get it to work (is it a work-in-progress?).

When I launch a new window I get the "Start live failed!" error - and the underlying VB error is "No device opened, please opan one to operate".

I'm running the trial ICImagecontrol on Windows 2000 SP3 on a WINNT network.

Ray Arambarri
General Dynamics

Stefan Geissler
November 4, 2003, 07:33:35
Ray,

It would be helpfull, if you could send an email to support@imagingcontrol.com. You should describe what cameras do you use and which block of code you uncomment. Or send your project as zipped file.
Also you can debug this sample and check, why a document is opened with an empty or non valid video capture device.

Ray_A
November 5, 2003, 21:59:46
Stefan,
I sent you the info. via email as you requested. Please note that the VB project still had several "ToDo" comments in it. It doesn't seem finished.

I don't want to spend my time debugging your demo software. It leads me to believe that the ocx doesn't really work for multiple video rendering.

I work for a large Fortune 500 company. We might buy multiple copies of your product...if it really works.

Ray

Stefan Geissler
November 6, 2003, 09:06:29
Ray,

How many cameras do you use and which video formats are set? Remark, that there is a bandwith limitation on USB and FireWire. If too much bandwidth was tried to allocate, startLive() for the cameras, that have not allocated the bandwidth will fail.

The “ToDo” comments are inserted by Visual Basics VB Application Wizzard. I just did not deleted the original entries.

I compared your project with the original download and found minor changes only. The downloaded unchanged project works with two cameras as expected.

I suggest to download this sample code again and test it without changes to
see, whether all of your cameras run.

Stefan Geissler
November 6, 2003, 09:48:01
Ray,

The multi camera sample shows only how to open all connected cameras at start up of the program. A “file new” has only left, because this project was created with Visual Basic's application wizzard. There is no function. Before a new window for a new camera can be opened, a device selection dialog should be displayed, where the user can select a device. If you create only a new window, without selecting a new video capture device, then startLive will fail, because there is no device selected in the new window.