PDA

View Full Version : Automatic White balance control

David Stone
September 9, 2003, 14:41:13
Hi, I am having problems with the logitech quickcam express cameras and was wondering is their a way to disable the automatic white balance feature from within IC 1.4.

Stefan Geissler
September 10, 2003, 09:09:15
David,

I have tested a Logitech Quickcam Web with the latest drivers. The driver exports a white balance auto property. After i have disabled the automatic white balance, i could adjust the white balance with a slider and got the expected results: A blue resp. a red image. But i had the impression, that the automatic white balance was not realy disabled, because when i moved me finger in the image, the background white wall turned a little bit from white into blue. Thus, i am not really sure, whether automatic white balance can be disabled using this camera.
I did my tests with IC Capture. A trial version can be downloaded at http://www.1394imaging.com/products/software/iccaptureprof.

I suggest to ask Logitech directly: http://www.logitech.com

David Stone
September 10, 2003, 20:25:33
Could you send me our code to turn off the white balance to see if we are doing the same thing.

Stefan Geissler
September 11, 2003, 08:23:34
David,

the code to turn of the white balance automatic is the same as shown in the IC Imaging Control samples, that come with IC Imaging Control.

David Stone
September 11, 2003, 15:42:25
Thanks. I have emailed logitech about the problem. Apparently other logitech web cameras have similar problems. Thanks for all your help.

agung99
May 30, 2004, 16:34:15
Hi, i am a new member here and have the same problem when i am use the logitech quickcam express camera for my final project. Could you help me, it is surprising if there is a way turn off the white balance.

Stefan Geissler
June 1, 2004, 10:02:43
Hello agung99,

There is nothing new regarding the Logitec cameras.

agung99
June 7, 2004, 14:55:40
Ok, thanks i use logitech for segmentation and image, there is wrong results while i am using logitech quick cam express. Do any body know about the white balance method that used in logitech quick cam, with this method may i am able to find out method to segmentation of image.
This use a kind of filter/vonvolution or histogram(by moving mid point to left or right), or it increase and decrase intensity per pixel, or etc?
i have search in google to find out this method even in citeseer, but it is difficult to find out this algorithm or kind of convolution or etc.

Sincerely yours
Agung