PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Recordings

Unregistered
August 22, 2003, 21:43:18
I am attempting to run a program with IC Imaging Control that will record 1 to 30 minute segments of video for an unlimited number of hours. I tried to do this type of recording a couple times and the IC Imaging Control produces an error after 36 recordings. I was using Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2 as my video codec. I found that changing codecs allowed the limit to increase or decrease, but I would like to stick with the Microsoft codec, if possible. I think this is a bug in this version of IC Imaging Control. I have been using version 1.40 and 1.41, but I have also used version 1.3 and have had no problems with more than 36 recordings.

This is the error message I get when I his the 37th recording

IC.ICImagingControl.1, An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::connect( CPin& src, CPin& dest ) : failed to connect the pins
COM Error Message : No combination of intermediate filters could be found to make the connection.
In file : C:\CSource\core\DShowLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line : 762.

System Specifications
IC Imaging Control version 1.41 or 1.40 Professional
Hauppauge WinTV Go 190 -- Video Capture Card
Windows 2000
DirectX 9
Codec = Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2
Pentium 4, 2.2 Ghz Celeron, 512 Mb RAM.

Stefan Geissler
August 27, 2003, 10:22:05
Hello,

is it possible to send a zipped project to support@imagingcontrol.com, so we can try to reproduce and debug your problem?
This would be a great help for us.

Chris.Davis
August 27, 2003, 15:30:37
Stephan,
I can't send you a sample project because I'm working in LabView. If you guys have LabView I can send you a sample to work with, otherwise we will have to work with the error message that pops up. I have tried to replicate this problem in VB but I wasn't able to replicate the problem. So the problem may lie with LabView, but since it was an error message from your ActiveX control I was hoping you might be able to help me find out what would cause this error to surface.

Thanks,
Chris Davis

Stefan Geissler
August 27, 2003, 15:33:39
Chris,

we can handle Labview samples.

Chris.Davis
August 28, 2003, 14:33:46
Stephan,
I'll send you LabView 6.1 and 7.0 examples of the phenomenon. Thanks for your help.

Chris Davis

Stefan Geissler
August 29, 2003, 12:58:38
Thank you for the example. We reproduced this problem. We found the same problem in a Visual Basic application. The error is produced by the Microsoft MPEG4 V2 codec. With another codec, the problem does not occur. I suggest, to test your application with another codec.

Chris.Davis
September 2, 2003, 19:48:00
Stephan,
The curious thing about this problem is that it does not exist in version 1.3 of the IC Imaging Control. I bought the professional version of 1.3 and have been using it successfully since I bought it, but when I recieved the upgrade to version 1.4 this problem showed its head. In fact, after you mentioned that I would need to change codecs I ran a check with the Microsoft MPEG-4 Codec V2 in ICImaging Control 1.3 and was able to record 500+ 10 second recordings over the period of about 3 hours. If this was a problem with the codec then I would think it would surface in version 1.3 of your control. Does this information help locate the problem with the codec / recorder interaction that causes a crash after 36 recordings? What I need to know is if I am stuck with version 1.3 of ICImaging Control or can I expect this to be looked at for version 1.4x or 1.5?

Thanks,
Chris Davis

Stefan Geissler
September 3, 2003, 09:09:20
Chris,

We must research for this issue. The problem seems only to be a problem with the Microsoft MPEG-4 Video Codec V2, not with other codecs. Therefore, the problem could be in the codec.

Chris.Davis
September 3, 2003, 14:06:16
Stefan,
I can provide a few more system specifications if that will help your research. I am using Directx 9, and have used several different computers, all of which exhibit the same problem with version 1.4. Currently I am running version 1.3 service pack 1 of the Imaging Control. I am also running Windows 2000 service pack 3 on all of the computers I have replicated this problem on. I don't have access to Windows XP to test this problem, but I will be happy to try out any code that you may think fixes the problem.

Thanks for your help in resolving this matter. I guess I'll have to stick with version 1.3 for now.

Thanks,
Chris Davis

Hakan Dincer
October 7, 2003, 14:47:25
Hello Stefan,

I have the same problem with Microsoft DV Codec. You have sent 1.41 RC8 version for a while ago but still I have the problem. The error message is the same with Chris' one.

Regards,

Hakan

Chris.Davis
October 7, 2003, 20:53:07
Hakan,
I believe I ran into the same problem as you did with the Microsoft DV Codec and version 1.4x of ImagingControl. I haven't recieved a suitable response from Imaging Source so I am guessing that they haven't fixed it. :confused: All they ever told me was it was the codecs fault. However the same codec has performed flawlessly in version 1.3. If you have access to that version, and don't need the features that version 1.4 gives you, I suggest you switch back and wait for the next revision.

Chris.Davis
October 7, 2003, 20:54:53
By the way, with the Microsoft DV Codec it took around 50 to 60 recordings before I got the error message I listed above. With the Microsoft MPEG-4 V2 codec I got the message after 36 recordings.

Chris Davis

Hakan Dincer
October 8, 2003, 06:58:50
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your advise, I'll try to find version 1.3. By the way I didn't realize that there was a obvious pattern of the error in my applications. It seems that error occurs randomly but I'll check it and inform you again.

Best regards,

Hakan

Stefan Geissler
October 8, 2003, 08:24:48
Hakan, Chris,

I did some more tests with a small Visual Basic programm, that is based on the Capturing an AVI sample. This program uses a timer to capture 100 avi files. Every captured avi file has an own name.

Private Sub Timer1_Timer()
Dim name As String
If Counter < 100 Then
If Capture = False Then
lblCounter.Caption = Str(Counter)
name = "vb" + Trim(Str(Counter)) + ".avi"
ImagingControl.AviStartCapture name, cboVideoCodec.Text
Capture = True
Counter = Counter + 1
Else
ImagingControl.AviStopCapture
Capture = False
End If
Else
Timer1.Enabled = False
End If
End Sub

I tried the DV Encoder and the Microsoft MPEG-4 V2 codec and monitored the handle and memory usage of this program. There was no error and the handle and memory usage kept constant. I used Windows 2000 SP4 and IC Imaging Control 1.41 for this test. For the earlier test, in which the error occurs, a Windows XP with Service Pack 1 was used.

I suggest to try SP 4 for Windows 2000 and check, whether the problem does exist.

Hakan Dincer
October 8, 2003, 08:48:28
Hello Chris,

Thanks for your reply,

I'll try Windows2000 SP4 as you told but I'm not sure that I could move all my project from XP to 2K. So could you send me the version 1.3 in order to use in case of I can not move my project to 2K.

Best regards,

Hakan

Stefan Geissler
October 8, 2003, 08:53:13
Hakan,

i would not move from XP to W2K. I thought, you use W2K. If you send you email adress to support@eu.theimagingsource.com, i can send you a IC 1.3 version.

Hakan Dincer
October 8, 2003, 09:03:05
Thanks Stefan,

I just sent an e-mail to support@eu.theimagingsource.com

Regards,

Hakan

Chris.Davis
October 8, 2003, 13:44:20
Stephan,
I'll try service pack 4 and let you know if that changes the results.

Thanks,
Chris Davis