PDA

View Full Version : dcam hardware not found

Unregistered
July 30, 2003, 17:46:03
I have installed the 1394 board provided with the cam sony xcd-x700 and I have also installed the fire-i application. This application works very well, which made think that my cam was correctly installed, but when I try to run a vc or vb sample provided with IC 1.4 trial, a message is displayed which says that no video hardware was found.
In the same way, I tried to install the sony wdm driver , but when I plug my cam as asked for, my computer does not recognize any new hardware.
How can I solve my problem ?

Johannes Vogel
July 30, 2003, 18:24:45
Hello,

Did you install the WDM driver from our website?

http://www.1394imaging.com/products/cameras/xcdx700/sonywdm_dr.zip

The camera has to be connected to the computer while you are trying to install the driver. Please follow exactly the step by step installtion guide that comes with the driver.

Do you have an OHCI comliant FireWire controller. The driver will not work with the Unibrain Fire-I 400 controller because it is not OHCI compliant.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Nicolas
July 31, 2003, 09:46:25
Thanks for your help !
The firewire controller installed on the computer is FireBoard 400- OHCI, so this must be compatible ?
I installed the wdm driver from your web site and I just tried again, with the sony cam plugged in.
I have a problem in the device manager of win XP, where I should find "Generic 1394 Desktop Camera" in the imaging devices folder, but so far there is just the name of the usb cam which is also installed on my computer...
Is there something to set with the fire board I would have missed ?

Johannes Vogel
July 31, 2003, 10:21:19
Hello,

Are you able to see the "Generic 1394 Dektop Camer" in the device list of IC Imaging Control ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Nicolas
July 31, 2003, 10:34:07
Well, if I run one of the samples provided with ic, then in the device settings I can just select my usb cam.
And when I open a visual basic project and if I had a IC control, then in the device list there is also only my usb cam...
But the "fire-i" application provided with the Unibrain cd, which allows to display a video capture on the screen, works... and the only "connected camera" found is the sony firewire. It seems to me that this application has been written with vc++ 6.0 so I don t understand why this sony cam doesn t exist for the other applications...

Best Regards
Nicolas

Nicolas
July 31, 2003, 12:40:46
I found that I could not see my 1394 camera in the device manager when the ub Core software was on my computer. The "fire-i" application was done on the ub-core platform, that is why, I think, it worked.
Now that I have uninstalled ubcore, I can follow the instructions to update the driver of the dcam with yours, but at the end a message appears, saying that: " the class installer as denied the request to update or install the driver."
Is this problem easy to solve ?
Thank you very much
Nicolas

Johannes Vogel
July 31, 2003, 17:31:38
Hello,

As far as we know, Unibrain installs its own FireWire stack. You have to make sure that the Windows FireWire stack is used. You have to open the device manager and do a driver update for the OHCI controller. Select the Windows driver as the ine to use. This should help.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Nicolas
August 1, 2003, 11:34:45
Hello !
The driver of my 1394 controller is the Microsoft one version 5.1.2535.0.
For my "generic 1394 desktop camera", when I try to update the driver with a windows one, then appears : "the device cannot start. (code 10)" ; which seems logical. When I try to update the driver with yours, then this message appears :" An error occured during the installation of the device. The class installer has denied the request to install or upgrade this device." This driver usually always functions with windows XP, doesn't it ?
Thank you for your replies..
Best Regards
Nicolas

Nicolas
August 1, 2003, 11:53:36
doh!
Now it works : the problem i had is that i did not run the .bat file properly because I did not use winzip properly : very silly... thank you very much for your help !
Long life to this forum
Nicolas

xcd-x700_user
June 21, 2004, 17:31:46
Hello,
I am having similar problems to the above post, but I cannot seem to solve the issue.
I have an adaptec AFW-4300 firewire board. This is OHCI compliant, and working correctly. I have installed the latest WDM driver for a sony DCAM (the camera I am using is the XCD-X700), and followed the installation instructions exactly, ie running the batch file before trying to set up the rest of the driver.
However, in the device manager (in WinXP), i still have no 'Generic 1394 Desktop Camera'. If I have the device unplugged, and then plug it in, XP fails to recognise any new hardware being added. I have no 3rd party software installed which could have corrupted the XP dcam drivers.
Any help anyone can give would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Stefan Geissler
June 22, 2004, 07:44:31
Hello,

I assume, the camera could be defective. If you connect your camera to the computer, does a small green LED glows at the back panel of the camera? If not, the camera is not powered or defective.
May be the FireWire cable is defective.
If the hardware is working correctly, Windows XP should recognize the new hardware anyway. The driver has nothing to do with the hardware recognition of Windows.