PDA

View Full Version : Issue of noise removal

Richard_shiqian
July 22, 2003, 12:29:00
Dear Sir/Ms

I have your product DFG/1394-1, and find the product is accurate, especially the advantage of noise removal. If the imaging noise level is low (by reducing the brightness) , it can remove noise completely and the pixel value is zero for whole image. Increasing the noise level untill it cannot clear. In this case, if an object enter the imaging scope, the pixel value near the object is still zero (noise removal) but other area is not, unless the object occupies major of the image scope. Such function is very important for my work. Could you please tell me how it works so that I can control the noise actively.
Your reply is much appreciated.

Regards

Richard

Johannes Vogel
July 22, 2003, 19:01:47
Hello,

Which settings are you using to do the noise removal. Are you only altering the brightness setting ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Richard_shiqian
July 23, 2003, 04:27:34
Dear Johannes

I never do any noise removal. I found the strange case if I change the brightness setting (of the camera)

Thanks

Richard

Johannes Vogel
July 23, 2003, 10:25:11
Hello,

which camera are you using ?

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

Richard_shiqian
July 24, 2003, 03:11:25
Hi

It's PalmIR 250 Digital produced by Raytheon, USA.

Regards

Richard

Johannes Vogel
July 24, 2003, 13:00:51
Hello,

As I understand this conversation, you alter the brightness setting of the camera and this has an effect on the noise of the image. This brightness setting is just a gain (amplifier). The effect of 0 gain (brightness) is very low noise. On the other hand, you will see much noise if you use hte maximum gain (brightness). This behaviour has nothing to fo with the converter. It is a behaviour of the camera.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support