PDA

View Full Version : Accessing various cameras using the IC ActiveX control in LabVIEW

dataflow
June 18, 2003, 19:44:30
Hi,

I'm working on a project which uses 3 Sony DFW-X700 cameras and 1 Sony XCD-X700 camera. I'm having problems opening 4 sessions with continuous acquisiton for each camera in LabVIEW because of a limitation in the NI IMAQ for IEEE-1394 package - I can only open two DFW-X700 sessions and one XCD-X700 session.
That's why I'm trying the IC ActiveX control (trial version) to see if I can put all 4 cameras in continuous acquisiton mode (with the LiveStart method). The problem is that I need an Active X container for each camera. But the control doesn't allow me to use more than one instance: after initializing the first control I get an error for the next controls.
Can someone tell me how to access all 4 cameras at the same time using the control in LabVIEW? Can it be done in Visual Basic?

Regards,

Habil

Stefan Geissler
June 19, 2003, 11:31:23
In Visual Basic, it is possible to open as much as needed instances of IC Imaging Control ActiveX. What is the error message, you get from Labview?

Also there is a problem with the Sony WDM Driver: If different camera types used at the same time, the properties may be not be able to be set. This happens mostly, when a b/w camera is used together with a color camera.

dataflow
June 20, 2003, 11:02:59
The error message I get in LabVIEW is as follows:

code: -2146828286
Exception occured in IC.ICImaginigControl.1,
An unexpected DShowLibException occured: CFilterGraph::connect( CPin& src, CPin& dest, const CVideoFormat& ) : no intervening filter found
In file: C:\CSource\core\DShowLib\FilterGraph.cpp at line: 229.
in Init_AX.vi -> teste2-AX.vi

I believe it has something to do with the container displaying live video on the VI front panel, even when I hide the control and even when I specify LiveDisplay = FALSE before calling the LiveStart method.

Please tell me how I can workaround this problem, or if I'm doing something wrong - I can send you my initialization code in LabVIEW if you want to.

Regards

Habil

Stefan Geissler
June 20, 2003, 13:00:34
If you use only one FireWire Bus card, the bandwidth allocation of all cameras together on the bus is too high.
Please refer to http://www.1394imaging.com/resources/backgnd/1394/video_bandwidth/
to check, wether the camera configurations allocate to much bandwidth.

dataflow
June 20, 2003, 13:20:06
I'm using two IEEE-1394 adapters, with two cameras attached to each adapter.
I don't believe this is the problem. It seems it's something I'm doing wrong with the ActiveX control in LabVIEW?

What about the error message I get? What is causing it?

Regards

Habil

Stefan Geissler
June 20, 2003, 13:26:20
Did you made sure, that there is not too much bandwidth allocated on one of the FireWire cards?

dataflow
June 20, 2003, 13:44:15
I'm not sure, because I'm not configuring the framerate of the cameras, only the video mode. But I'm almost sure that by default these cameras start at 7.5 fps, and according to your table that would be 39%.
But I'm going to force the cameras to 7.5 fps (that's their minimum) to see if that works.