PDA

View Full Version : Camera Sony DFW-X700 exposure

dbleau
June 16, 2003, 16:03:01
It is possible to have more range on the exposure or do you have an function to white the camera register ?

Is there a way to make the camera work in auto exposure in external trigger mode

I plug 10 feets of wire on the external trigger connector and got a lot of noise
if some one know I good trigger circuit? I need to put the camera at 100 feet from the computer

Camera Sony DFW-X700

Sorry about my English i am French

Stefan Geissler
June 17, 2003, 07:23:44
Dan,

there is no greater range for exposure. But the DCam Demo app uses physical values for exposure. The pysical values work in bigger steps than register values.
I is also possible to use register values with a more smoother way to adjust exposure. This can be done in the imagedlg.cpp of the DCam demo app project, that is delivered with IC Imaging Control.

Autoexposure and trigger do not work together. The trigger is automatically disabled by the camera, when autoexposure is enabled.

For the cable, i have no idea.

dbleau
June 17, 2003, 15:14:40
Hello Stefan,

do you have to te register values in visual basic
Thanks

dbleau
June 17, 2003, 15:36:54
Hello Stefan, do you have an function in Visual basic to write the value in the
register.

Fot the autoexpose and trigger mode is it your function that disabeled or it the camera that not support this mode

Thanks
Dan

Stefan Geissler
June 18, 2003, 07:09:39
Dan,

See the samples/vb6/DCam Firstapp sample of IC Imaging Control. This sample use a module "settings.bas". In this module is a function "ForcePhysicalValues". In this function, the physical values are enabled. Set the parameter in the functions in there simply from TRUE to FALSE. Then you have register values.

Also see in the Image dialog at the autobuttons: There are physical values enabled too. Just change the function calls, that enable physical values as written above.

dbleau
June 19, 2003, 01:57:04
Hello Stefan, I try to put the ForcePhysicalValues to False It work but do you have the register range values. I got error. If you have some exemple vb code please send to info@3dbsolution.com

Want I start the app a got error device then it work the range I got is 1808 to 2848

thanks

Stefan Geissler
June 19, 2003, 12:58:49
Done.