PDA

View Full Version : Video mixing

Unregistered
April 14, 2003, 14:38:24
How can i mix two video streams, e.g. use video stream one as mask for video stream two?

Marc Cymontkowski
April 14, 2003, 14:47:13
Hello,

there a two possible ways to do that.

1. Use the MV Dyadic Arithmetic/Logic filter

Connect the two video streams to the dyadic filter and select the operator that shall be used to mix the streams. The video streams must have equal image width and heigt. If the video streams have a different color format, first connect the video stream that has the desired output format. If you for example want to overlay the edges detected by a linear filter on the original video stream, you should use the "add" operator.

2. Use the Video Mixing Renderer (VMR)

The video mixing renderer is a video renderer that is available on Windows XP or Windows 2000 with DirectX 9 installed. You can find the VMR as "Video Renderer" in the video renderer list, it's input pin is called "VMR Input0". First you have to activate the mixing mode of the VMR, therefor right click on the VMR and select "Set Mixer Mode". You have to select the desired number of input pins, e.g 2. Now connect your video streams to the VMR and configure the mixing mode using the filters property page.

Which variant you should choose depends on the application and the availability of the VMR.

Example for variant 1:
http://www.montivision.com/products/applications/filtersdk/

Example for variant 2
http://www.montivision.com/products/applications/multistream/

Best regards

Marc Cymontkowski

Unregistered_to
October 26, 2005, 23:31:17
Hello!

I tried to rebuild example 2, but there is no possibiliy to configure the mixing mode of the VMR, because the filters property page is only showing the frame rate and things like that, so ther is nothing to configure!

Any ideas what went wrong here?

best regards
unregistered_to

Bernd Peretzke
October 27, 2005, 09:38:53
Hi,

You have to install the DirectShow SDK from Microsoft to get the mixer property page.

Regards
Bernd

Unregistered_to
November 6, 2005, 11:20:32
Thank you, that worked...but also led to another Problem: is there a possibility, i.e. to record or to stream this new signal?

Bernd Peretzke
November 8, 2005, 09:43:29
Hi,

I am sorry but there is no real solution to record the video output from the VMR. You can get the rendered image from the VMR but this method is slow on most hardware and there is no synchronisation.

Maybe you can use the MV Dyadic/Monadic Arithmetic/Logic filter to mix your video streams. What do you want to do exactly?

Regards
Bernd

Unregistered_to
November 8, 2005, 19:04:58
i'd like to take two different video streams (i.e. from two cameras), mix them to one video (side by side, no overlay) and then stream this new video! synchronisation will be the next upcoming problem...

Bernd Peretzke
November 9, 2005, 09:39:26
Hi,

Therefore you can use the MV Merge Frames filter.

Regards
Bernd