PDA

View Full Version : Changing Exposure for each frame

bradboyce
March 30, 2003, 03:16:22
I've got an application where I want to merge two images taken at different exposures. Somewhere a saw some comments on how quickly the SonyX700 camera can switch its operational parameters. Now I can't find the information. Can anyone refer me?

I'm currently using a circular buffer and trying to get the change made between consecutive images. What are my chances? Worst case I'll drop an image, which will not be a killer, but not ideal either.

Johannes Vogel
April 3, 2003, 21:00:08
Hello,

I am afraid you have to test it out, because we do not have any information how fast the SONY camer switches the exposure time.

Beste regards
Johannes
IC Support

bradboyce
April 3, 2003, 22:33:40
Johannes,

Thanks for your comment.

I have tried it... at 15f/s I can get fairly reliable results by looking at every 4th frame. I decided to use the timestamp feature. I test on the .SampleEndTime property and wait until it reads a certain value.

I'm changing Exposure, Gain, Red Gain, and Blue Gain (in that order). I think it is a bit slower if you do the Exposure last instead of first. If I set the camera for 7.5 f/s it takes about the same number of frames, 4, before it is ready with the new settings.

Soon I will be trying it with a different software package and see if there is any significant software overhead, but I doubt that there will be a difference.

Brad

Johannes Vogel
April 9, 2003, 18:43:50
Hello,

There is almost no overhead in the functions that set or read back the exposure setting and other settings. The problem must be caused in the camera firmware.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

bradboyce
April 9, 2003, 19:36:20
Hello,

Now I see that there is no 7.5f/s. Only 15f/s. Is this true? Where did I get 7.5? Maybe from my other firewire input set.

Thanks,
Brad

Johannes Vogel
April 11, 2003, 18:17:11
Hello,

You have to stop the live display in order to be able to change the frame rate.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

shining
May 5, 2003, 00:00:43
How can you change Gain, Red Gain, Blue Gain for Sony DFW-X700?
Is there any new driver that allows you doing this?

Stefan Geissler
May 5, 2003, 08:25:19
Hello,

The DCam Demo applications of IC Imaging Control show, how to support the red/blue and OnePush white balance properties of Dcams (Sony DCams too). The original Sony driver must be installed, to support this properties. The driver is available at:

http://www.1394imaging.com/products/cameras/dfwx700/

See the "WDM Driver" link