PDA

View Full Version : Grabbing video to more the one computer

Unregistered
February 27, 2003, 17:19:42
Hi,
I have a question... I'm using DFG/1394-1 converter and IC Image Control 1.3 library on Win2000 to grab video from a camera. I'm wondering if i get a FireWire hub and connect DFG/1394-1 to more then one computer will i be able to grab video simultaneously to two or more computers?
Thank you,
Eugene Simine.

P.S: I was not able to locate any patch file which would upgrade my 1.3 version of IC Image Control to 1.4. Is it possible to do? And if yes then how?
Thank you again.

Stefan Geissler
February 28, 2003, 07:22:19
Eugene,

You can connect and work with more than one DFG-1394/1 on your PC. You do not need a hub, because you can connect a second DFG-1394/1 to the first DFG-1394/1. The DFG-1394/1 has two Firewire connectors.
You should also select video formats for all DFG-1394/1 that are connected to one Firewire port, in this way, that the bandwidth allocation is not over 100%. Please refer to
http://www.1394imaging.com/resources/backgnd/1394/video_bandwidth
to read about the bandwidth allocation of videoformats.

If you have bought the DFG-1394/1 directly from us, you would have received the free update to IC Imaging Control 1.4 automatically.

bstichbury
March 4, 2003, 00:10:43
Excuse me for breaking in Stefan and Eugene, but this is similar to something I am also working on - sending video to a second computer.

Stefan - is it possible to use method AviSink and send it to a socket rather than a filename? At the moment I grab a buffer, convert it to jpg and send it to a UDP socket and repeat. Clunky and inefficient, but quick to implement...

Thanks, hope I haven't interrupted something
Brendon

eugene
March 5, 2003, 15:55:20
Thank you Stefan.
But let me describe you a problem Iím trying to solve. Iíve got 2 cameras and I want to direct video feeds from both of these cameras to 3 different computers. The idea is that each of the computers will process the same input a little bit differently. But they should work in parallel, more or less. What setup would be sufficient to accomplish this task? The way I would see it is that each camera would have a FireWire converter and then through FireWire hub the video feed would be brought to all computers. But from your previous answer I conclude that this is not how things work.

Thank you for your help.

Stefan Geissler
March 6, 2003, 07:49:04
Eugene,

Now, i tested to connect one DFG-1394/1 to two computers. The result is, that the video stream is delivered only to one of the both computers.