PDA

View Full Version : Image Enhance

Bestbier
January 25, 2003, 13:15:49
Want want to use IC to enhance a video feed to create a image.

It has to capture 128 (or up to 256) frames and 'glue' them on top of each other to create 1 good image (teh video feed is quite noisy).

You can average every pixel by taking it's R,G and B values seperately adding them together and them dividing by the number of frames or you can have a base image and average every new frame with the base frame.

Enhancing 128 frames should not take longer than 2sec.

Any Ideas

BESTBIER
bestbier@forpresident.com

Stefan Geissler
January 27, 2003, 10:12:33
Hello,

i do not know a device that delivers 64 frames per second. Your Pinnacle Systems DC10plus capture card cannot grab 64 full images per second. The DC10plus is only able to capture standard video signals, that means PAL( 25 fps) or NTSC (30 fps).
No standard video cameras and standard grabbers are able to deliver images with such a high frame rate.

Bestbier
January 27, 2003, 23:36:23
The time the is not the end of the world. If it has to take 5 seconds to grab the required amout of frames fine.

Our current dedicated system takes about 4 seconds.

My biggest problem is to do the processing to end up with one frame.

I don't have much programming experience and know nothing about accessing pixels ind the memory etc.

Thank you for your time

BESTBIER

Stefan Geissler
January 28, 2003, 13:24:17
Bestbier,

you can use the "Advanced Image Processing" example of the IC Imaging Control installation, to see, how to access the pixels of a frame. This example works with an Y8 MemoryCurrentGrabberColorFormat, that means, that the grayscale value of each pixel only needs one byte. If you have a RGB 24 or a RGB 32 MemoryCurrentGrabberColorFormat, you have 3, resp. 4 bytes for each pixel. 3 bytes are use for R, G, B. At RGB 32 the 1st byte contains an alphablending value. It is 0 in every case.

Also you can look at the simple "Image Processing" example.