PDA

View Full Version : .net

willyx
January 22, 2003, 23:09:39
Hi, i've just tryed to install my application (.net) into a fresh 2000 system and i've this problem:

System.ComponentModel.LicenseException: Non si dispone della licenza per l'utilizzo di questo controllo ActiveX.
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateInstance()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.GetOcxCreate()
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.TransitionUpTo(Int32 state)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.CreateHandle()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
at System.Windows.Forms.AxHost.EndInit()
at archimed.catturaVideo.InitializeComponent()
You are not licensed for this control is the translation of the italian message.

The application works perfect under my xp/2000 system with the development enviroment, but in a fresh installation i've that problem. I've used Innosetup 3.0.6 to make my installer and i've installed all component as showed in the user guide. I know that this is not a new problem, I've search over the Message Board and i've see that other users have this problem, but in your replay there is a link that with the new message board is broken:(

Stefan Geissler
January 28, 2003, 13:13:02
Willyx,

we tried to reproduce you problem, but we can not reproduce it. It would be a great help for us, if you could send a small installation that produces the error message to support@imagingcontrol.com.

willyx
January 28, 2003, 22:02:58
Ok, mail delivered.
Thanks for the support

Johannes Vogel
February 7, 2003, 18:20:26
Hello,

Your problem is caused by a missing DLL. On a fresh Win2k system there is no MSVCP60.DLL. This DLL has to installed in the system directory by your installtion before you try to register the OCX.

On a system where Visual Studio is installed, this DLL is present because it is installed by Visual Studio. On XP system this DLL is part of the operating system.

Best regads
Johannes
IC Support

willyx
February 10, 2003, 09:35:35
I've tryed , but the error persist(the dll probably exist in SP3 or any system driver already installed on it, because the test machine have already).Now i'm formatting a new system to try the licensing problem(but the other system was clear...) and the lock problem.
However the lock problem exist in all systems i've tryed: two notebook from asus (2.4P4) and a desktop (1600+).I try to format my development system to be sure that the problem wasn't the upgrade from IC 1.3 to 1.4

Johannes Vogel
February 10, 2003, 12:03:43
Hello,
Please try to copy the MSVCP60.DLL to the system32 directory (winnt/system32) by hand before you run your installation. Doing so, you can make sure that your installtion program does not register the OCX or one of the filters before it copies the MSVCP60.DLL.

Best regards
Johannes
IC Support

willyx
February 11, 2003, 22:33:23
Yuppy!!!!
The problem was so stupid:o...in this fresh system was installed a new win2k with DX 7...if i install DX 8.1> (i've tryed 9) all works.Sorry i know and i've read that IC need DX8.1, but i've left in the installer to check this system requirement. Sorry:)
However if another have this problem with vb.net, now u know the solution...the message error was so different from the real problem...

Ok this problem is fixed now there is only the VB lock problem (another thread) and i can leave u in peace ;)