PDA

View Full Version : Good Job

infoltrs
January 21, 2003, 12:03:49
Dear Administrators:

Your beginner C++ documentation goes a long way in relieving the pains of many a beginner - great job!

However, for the beginner - could you please add a couple of things in there. The Linking part of it with TIS_UDSHL05.Lib does not work right when trying to run a program on a machine that has VC installed but not Interdev. I did run into a LINK error.

When you use ..\ClassLib\include - I guess you assume that projects are being created in the IC Control root level directory, which might not be the case most of the times, no harm including the complete directory path.

Question:
I tried running the FirstStep prog on a Win2K + SP3 machine with ATI Radeon 8500 installed. Was using IC 1.4
It did run fine, but ends up without exiting clean. It did recognize my ATI Rage Theater Video Capture Card in a AfxMessage window as you mentioned but on clicking "OK", it spits out a bunch of debug information. I include the error messages below.

Debug Assertion Failed!
Program: C:\Rajani\ClassLib\Debug\FirstStep.exe
File: dbgheap.c
Line: 1044

Expression: _CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)

My DBGHEAP.C is located in the C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\CRT\SRC\DBGHEAP.C

Thanks for all your help
Rajani

Stefan Geissler
January 21, 2003, 13:53:11
Rajani,

The errormessage "_CrtIsValidHeapPointer(pUserData)" occurs, if the
application exe file is executed using the wrong DLLs. Please make
sure, that the Debug exe runs with the debug DLLs and the release exe
file runs with the release DLLs.

The release DLLs are located in the standard IC Imaging Control setup
in the "bin" and in the "classlib\release" directory. The debug DLLs
are located in the "classlib\debug" directory.

Where an application is executed can be determined in the Project
settings.

An application searches for DLLS in the directory where it is executed.
If they are not found there, the search pathes of the operating system
are searched for the DLLs.