PDA

View Full Version : Display Two Videos(Camera, TV) using Single Capture Card

Unregistered
January 20, 2003, 16:52:05
Hi,

I am trying to display two video feeds simultaneously using a capture card. When I run the program, I am able to show only either of the video feed and not both at the same time. I click the start button for one video, it displays and now when i click the other start button to diplay the other video too, it changes the previous video to the current video and gives gives a run time error saying

Run-time error - '2':
An Unexpected DShowLibException occured:
CFilterGraph::connect(CPin& src, CPin& dest, CVideoFormat&): no intervening filter found

In file FilterGraph.cpp at line: 229

I am sending the code I wrote in Visual Basic using the ImagingControl ActiveX control. I am using two imagingcontrols and one start button for each control.

Private Sub Command1_Click()
ic1.Device = "ATI Rage Theater Video Capture"
ic1.InputChannel = "02 Video: SVideo"
ic1.VideoFormat = "YUY2 (80x60)"
ic1.VideoNorm = "NTSC_M"
ic1.LiveStart
End Sub

Private Sub Command2_Click()
ic2.Device = "ATI Rage Theater Video Capture"
ic2.InputChannel = "01 Video: Tuner"
ic2.VideoFormat = "YUY2 (80x60)"
ic2.VideoNorm = "NTSC_M"
ic2.LiveStart
End Sub
I would greatly appreciate if someone can tell me what I am missing.

Thanks
Sathish

Stefan Geissler
January 21, 2003, 08:26:46
Sathich,

The capture card uses a multiplexer to siwtch between the input channels. Therefore, only one of the input channels can be used at one point of time.

The runtime error at the start of the second video feed occurs, because the capture card is already in use.

infoltrs
January 21, 2003, 10:37:37
Hello Stephan:

Could you please give a hardware configuration listing of how you acheived "preview" and "capture" from two sources as listed in your project at http://www.imagingcontrol.com/ic/downloads/code/snippet/3_3.htm

I am looking at the kind of PCI/AGP bus you used, IDE/SCSI drive, processor speed any seek problems you might have faced writing to the disk and most importantly, the kind of VGA/TV Tuner card you used.

*Could you please publish that list of compatible Video cards which you have tested IC Control with or you know which work with IC Control* I am facing a tough time in deciding the card to use.

Thanks
Rajani

Stefan Geissler
January 21, 2003, 12:49:34
Rajani,

I used two firewire cameras for the example that shows to simultaneous live video streams.